Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve logged into the site before, so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but don’t include personal information about you (they don’t store your name, age or address, for instance).
This policy explains how cookies are used on HireHop websites in general
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies.
The cookies allow us to identify you if you have logged in and find out details about your last visit.
The information collected by cookies includes your HireHop login details, general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then you will not be able to use our software:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/ 32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Types of cookie that may be used during your visit to the Website:
The following types of cookie are used on this site. We don’t list every single cookie used by name – but for each type of cookie we tell you how you can control its use.
1. Personalisation cookies
These cookies are necessary to use the HireHop software and are used to recognise subscribed users to the Website and in conjunction with other information we hold to attempt to record specific browsing information (that is, about the way you arrive at the Website, pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the Website). These may be used to recommend content we think you’ll be interested in based on what you’re looked at before.
2. Analytics cookies
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance.
You can opt out of these if you want:
- Omniture: http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/2o7#optout
- Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Optimizely: https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out/
3. Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on your computer when you use them on our site or if you are already logged in to them.
- Facebook’s data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
4. Our own ad serving and management cookies
We sell space on some of our websites to advertisers – they pay for the content you enjoy for free.
As part of this, we use several services to help us and advertisers understand what adverts you might be interested in. These cookies hold information about the computer – they don’t hold personal information about you (ie it’s not linked to you as an individual). But they might hold a record of what other websites you’ve looked at – so we could show you a car advert if you’ve previously visited a motoring website.
These are the services we use and how you can control those cookies. Please note that turning off advertising cookies won’t mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
- Google Adsense (ad partner): https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en-GB
5. Other ad management cookies
Advertisements on the Website are provided by ourselves and other organisations. Our advertising partners will serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to the Website and other websites. In order to do this, our advertising partner may need to place a cookie on your computer. These cookies hold information about the computer – they don’t hold personal information about you (ie it’s not linked to you as an individual).
For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Please note that turning off advertising cookies won’t mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
6. Site management cookies
These are used to maintain your identity or session on the Website. For instance, your login authorisation is stored as cookies so that our servers know it is you, preventing you from having to log on every time you want to open a page or perform an action.
These cookies cannot be turned off individually but you could change your browser setting to refuse all cookies (see above) if you do not wish to accept them, however, you will not be able to use the HireHop software if you turn off cookies.